**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Business Line: Environment
Location: Croydon - we also have roles in Basingstoke, Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester, (location and requirements subject to change) please apply to the relevant vacancy.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis for either immediate or advanced offer start. These roles are a mixture of immediate and summer/autumn 2023 starts.
Our acoustics specialists advise clients on building, environmental and occupational acoustics, noise mapping, vibration, industrial noise control, audio-visual design and auralisation. This role would include contributing to the acoustic input, data analysis, predictions, and 3D modelling on a range of projects, completing site visits to make acoustic measurements and observations, undertaking primary research and literature searches, supporting senior colleagues in providing technical advice to clients, technical report writing, communication with clients, local authorities and interdisciplinary teams, attending client and design team meetings, contributing to scope and fee proposals and undertaking STEM activities.
We are currently recruiting Graduate Acoustic Consultants to join one of our eight offices where we have a team of over 50 acousticians working on an enviable project portfolio across all market sectors thus providing a wide range of career development opportunities. Our UK team are members of the Association of Noise Consultants and Sponsor of the Institute of Acoustics.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, committed and have good communication skills. Within a structured programme of professional development, we’ll give you all the technical training and day-to-day support you need to develop your skills as you quickly take on increased responsibility across a broad variety of project types and sizes.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
As a graduate within the acoustics team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of technical projects, with a wealth of experience from within the team to support you and develop your knowledge and skills. Whilst the precise work will be dependent on current projects, it is likely that your involvement would include:
* Contribute to the acoustic input, data analysis, predictions, and 3D modelling on a range of projects
* Complete site visits to make acoustic measurements and observations
* Undertake primary research and literature searches
* Support senior colleagues in providing technical advice to clients
* Technical report writing
* Communication with clients, local authorities and interdisciplinary teams
* Attend client and design team meetings
* Contribute to scope and fee proposals
* Undertake STEM activities
**BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics, Acoustical Engineering, Sound Engineering and Production** (Physics or Mechanical Engineering if an interest/experience in Acoustics). Degree classification of 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
* Committed to becoming a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and ultimately a Chartered Acoustician
* Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• **A full driving licence would be beneficial** as the role will involve travel for site surveys
* Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
* Strong numeracy
* Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
* Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
* Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard-working, with ambition and drive
* Excellent research and report writing skills
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate and independently without losing initiative & focus
* Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
The professional institute you will work towards is the Institute of Acoustics.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Corporate
**Business Group:** Corporate
**Strategic Business Unit:** Human Resources
**Career Area:** Science
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions