**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an experienced project management professional, you will be expected to work within a team to successfully manage and deliver capital investment projects focussing on our Rail sector.
This role involves providing project management support during all stages of the project delivery lifecycle from option studies, option development, detailed design delivery and construction tender support through to NEC administration. Additionally, the role may require client-side project management deployment.
Ideally you will have a background in a rail engineering design though not essential as the role requires line management, and business development/client engagement and experience of the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within the rail environment. You’ll be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary design teams on projects at varying stages of development from feasibility to detailed design and construction.
The role will also be a functional part of the region leadership team acting as office lead in the Birmingham office, providing essential operational support to the regional director.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Development and delivery of business cases
* Client-side project management, including stakeholder, schedule, and contract management
* Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project/s
* Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
* Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
* Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
* Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
* Developing and managing teams
* Managing suppliers
* Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
* Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
* Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified, and acted upon
* Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
* Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
* Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
* To ‘win’ clients through strong business development skills
* Significant experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Demonstrable ability to lead, mentor and grow a team
* Demonstrable success in winning new work and growing client relationships
* Demonstrable track record in successfully delivering complex projects
* Proactive and team player
Degree in Engineering or a related technical or project management discipline
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Transportation
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** Europe & India
**Career Area:** Program & Project Management
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions