Wood and timber properties
Time: 12:00 - 13:00 UK time
The third session of the Fundamentals of timber series is ‘Wood and timber properties’.
It will be presented by Lewis Taylor, Timber Frame Consultant and will cover:
• Variability of timber.
• Appearance – grain, texture, figure.
• Density, reaction wood, juvenile wood, heartwood, sapwood, and how they all affect timber properties.
• Timber and wood characteristics.
• Toxicity, chemical reaction and corrosive properties in conjunction with other materials.
• Timber as a structural product.