**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is looking to recruit a **Principal Civil Engineer** to join the **Development** **Infrastructure** team in **Birmingham** .
Development Infrastructure teams are based in a number of offices across the UK and Ireland. Our wide range of clients are from the private and public sector in the UK and overseas. The team manages many multidisciplinary residential led projects, with design work spanning scoping and feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation, and support during construction. The teams also support **AECOM** design teams on a range of infrastructure projects including highway, rail and water infrastructure schemes. We provide **civil design** to support our structural engineers on commercial, education, leisure, defence and other government buildings.
The successful candidate would focus on leading a number of high-profile projects and assist with business development.
* Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
* Establish strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s global capabilities.
* The overall technical delivery and financial performance of projects.
* Approves and signs off on work.
* Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
* Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
* Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
* Oversee and checking the production of studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for development schemes including drainage, highways, utilities, earthworks and flooding.
* Overseeing and checking the detailed design calculations, engineering design drawings, specifications and reports prepared by team members.
* Being a point of contact for clients and other professionals throughout projects, building quality long term relationships and representing the client and AECOM at meetings, and in negotiation with Local Authorities and other regulatory bodies.
* Supervising and mentoring junior staff in performance and career growth.
* Successful track record of building client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work.
* A senior professional with proven experience in the successful delivery of Development Infrastructure projects for both public and private sector clients.
* Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors.
* Experienced in supervising and developing staff.
* Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills.
* Civil Engineering Degree and/or an appropriate mix of qualifications and practical experience.
* Incorporated or Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management or Member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Transportation
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** Europe & India
**Career Area:** Engineering
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions