**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The **AECOM UK** Development Infrastructure team is looking for an enthusiastic **Principal** **Civil Engineer Consultant** to expand its current team profile and capability. Reporting to the Regional Director, the Principal Engineer will play a leading role within the **London** and **South East** team.
This role will suit an ambitious candidate who is an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the individual to work closely with private and public sector clients covering a range of market sectors, both locally and further afield.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that we lead on a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution and handover.
You will work on a variety of exciting projects and enjoy working in a vibrant team, modern environment and in a high-quality location.
* Preparation of technical expert reports.
* Preparation of fee proposals.
* Providing design and design delivery advice to Client and project teams.
* Leading on internal and external liaison with regulators and key stakeholders.
* Checking and reviewing designs.
* Managing project scope and deliverables.
* Managing project finances.
* Supporting the growth of new and existing internal and external client relationships.
* Mentoring junior members of staff and developing team spirit and collaborative behaviors.
* Successful track record of building client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work.
* A senior professional with proven experience in the successful delivery of Development Infrastructure projects for both public and private sector clients.
* Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors.
* Experienced in supervising and developing staff.
* Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills.
* Civil Engineering Degree and/or an appropriate mix of qualifications and practical experience.
* Incorporated or Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management or Member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Transportation
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** Europe & India
**Career Area:** Engineering
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions