Are you a Project Manager looking to work on Science, Healthcare or Infrastructure Projects that can change the world, projects that are always more complex and innovative than the last?
If so, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Oxford offices to work on these type of projects. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions.
AECOM plays a critical role in the conceptualisation and creation of amazing spaces, delivering projects and buildings that define skylines and communities. AECOM Buildings & Places is made up of dedicated teams delivering projects in Commercial, Residential, Hospitality, Sports Venues, Work Places, Education, Government and Healthcare.
We are friendly, busy and motivated with an established track record of successfully delivering local and overseas projects. Some of our flagship work in recent years include;
Guy’s Cancer Centre, Palace of Westminster, Southbank Place, Arctic Science centres, The Bank of England, BBC Broadcasting House, the St Pancras Chambers Hotel in London and The Titanic building in Belfast to name but a few.
**About Our Team:**
We are a true team of proud science & healthcare professionals with a passion for delivering rewarding projects for our clients.
The Oxford office is the Centre of Excellence for Science & Healthcare projects in the UK; with proven expertise in delivering large, complex new build projects that range from £20m to in excess of £250m. Noteworthy projects where we are currently engaged as Project Managers;
• The Rosalind Franklin Institute
• The National Satellite Testing Facility
• The Advanced Quantum Metrology Laboratory at The National Physical Laboratory - Regional Finalist for the 2021 Civic Trust Award
• New Moorfield Eye Hospital, Project Oriel
• Several major Hospital Redevelopment schemes
• UCLH Phase 4 & Proton Beam Therapy – as seen on TV
You will need to be from a consultancy or healthcare client organisation with the ability to undertake a lead role on small projects or work with an Associate or Director, leading on a significant component of a large project. With our commitment to development, we would expect you to be a role model for our more junior members of the Team, that would be required to assist you.
The role would cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development, through the design, procurement process, site delivery, commissioning phase and defects management.
• Understanding of building technology
• Site experience
• Ability to ask questions of designers to understand how solutions will be built.
• Understanding the roles of different parties and how these roles change over the life of the project.
• Working knowledge of the differences between different forms of procurement.
• Working knowledge of HSE issues and legal obligations of parties and able to facilitate discussions on these topics.
**Minimum Requirements :**
• Knowledge and experience of the Healthcare, Science or Infrastructure sector (including current issues and business drivers) and local construction market.
• Knowledge and experience of the NHS Business Case Approval Process
• Demonstratable experience initiating a project inclusive of defining effective project processes
• Experienced in a Client management role – Able to manage the account in terms of projects that are ‘live’, plus seeking new opportunities.
• Ability to present to a large group
• Chairing and taking accurate notes of meetings
• Change Management process
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Highly motivated and with an excellent industry network
• JCT Contract Administration
• NEC 3/4 Contract Administration (Accreditation a positive)
• Maintain accurate project records (both paper and electronic)
• Production of formal reports and documents which clearly set out complex issues
• Lead Risk Management experience (Workshop, compile and maintain accurate risk registers)
• Robust Stakeholder Management process
• Strong Project Management process
**Preferred Qualifications :**
• Professional Qualification – ideally Project Management/ Construction/Engineering/Quantity Surveying Master’s Degree
• Chartered Status with the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution
• APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
• Prince 2 or MSP experience is desirable but not essential
**Your benefits will include:**
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receive a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** Europe & India
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions