Stantec is a leader in global infrastructure, water resource development, Buildings, Mining, Oil and Gas providing engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, water, wastewater, energy and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific region.
Stantec is looking for a Landscape Architect with a landscape architecture or urban design degree and at least two (2) years of professional experience. Stantec is growing its landscape architecture and urban design practice, providing planning, landscape architecture and urban design services. We have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects from urban parks, plazas, and streetscapes to themed entertainment venues and master planned resort hospitality projects worldwide.
• Work under the direction of licensed Landscape Architects to assist in the development of our ongoing projects by collaborating with our Stantec Orlando team and other project teams in Florida and the US.
• Collaborate with planners, architects, engineers, ecologists, real estate market analysts, developers, contractors, and clients to enhance our group's production on all things related to landscape architecture and implement effective communication and coordination on projects among other project participants.
• Collaborate with other team members while working on projects and managing specific project tasks as appropriate.
• Understand and execute the site inventory and analysis process. Investigate design variables, owner/client requirements, budget constraints, site constraints, building operation, circulation, site grading, stormwater management, sustainability, soils, planting plans, and the preparation of construction documents.
• Prepare conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents for site plans and support graphics using hand drawings and other computer programs.
• Prepare and lay out documents, reports, and presentations.
We are seeking a positive, highly-motivated, and innovative professional who is passionate about urban design, master planning, and landscape architecture. Top candidates will excel at design thinking, have excellent graphic communication skills, articulate written and verbal communication, and the rigor to produce the best design solutions and work products possible as well as an interest in collaboration with other team members.
You will have the opportunity to plan and design public and private projects across various scales and uses, including civic spaces, streetscapes, parks, residential, commercial, themed attractions, resorts, and more. You will build new relationships with some of our more than 250 landscape architects firm-wide, be mentored, and in turn mentor new staff as we continue to grow.
You will develop technical skills and assist the project team with drawings, master planning, and drafting throughout the creative design process. Being creative and detail oriented, you will create planning and design documents, together with conceptual and final landscape designs, renderings, cost estimates, as well as have opportunities to meet clients, vendors, and attend site visits.
Qualifications: Architectural degree
Length of experience: 5-10 years
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team
• Understanding of budgeting, efficient use of time and resources as it relates to personal tasks, project scope and project budget issues
• Developing ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
• Exceptional conceptual design and graphic skills using hand and computer drawing and rendering techniques
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and SketchUp is required. Experience with Revit, Enscape, Lumion, Twinmotion, Rhino, Grasshopper, or other 3-D visualization programs is strongly preferred
• Exceptional technical design skills in site and planning projects across a range of project scales from less than one acre to hundreds of acres in size. Skills required include technical design layout, grading, and detailing projects of all sizes
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D (including alignments and grading surfaces), AutoTURN, LandFX, and other construction document production-oriented software programs is strongly preferred
• Strong quantitative aptitude and attention to technical detail are required. Prior experience in site construction, either observation or hands-on, is beneficial but not required
• Familiarity with and ability to identify Florida plants a plus, but not required
**Employment Type:** Full-Time
**Job Type:** Regular
**Job Category:** Architecture
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions