**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
As well as being part of a dynamic and creative team. You can get involved in our sports and social club, where we have monthly team activity's such as: bowling, hiking, surfing and canoeing
**AECOM** continues to expand their successful and established **Infrastructure Development** team in Ireland and is currently looking for a **Principal Civil Engineer** to join the **Dublin** office. The team in **Ireland** has consistently expanded in recent years. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development and civil infrastructure projects providing our staff with a variety of exciting projects to deliver. We offer a complete civil engineering design for Development Infrastructure projects from inception to completion. Successful candidate should have a proven track record in supporting the delivery of innovative and cost-effective solutions to development engineering projects. The role available will provide a range of challenging, dynamic and high-profile projects and the successful candidate will be responsible for taking the lead on a variety of these Civil Infrastructure projects.
* Overseeing the design and development of drainage and water supply networks for housing, industrial, and commercial applications.
* Overseeing the preparation of project documentation such as reports, drawing, technical notes etc.
* Checking and reviewing designs.
* Stakeholder and client engagement.
* Undertaking site inspections.
* Attend project and Client meetings on behalf of our business.
* Act as the Project Manager on projects, as required.
* Supervision of junior engineers and technicians.
* Line-management of junior staff, if required.
* Management of project-related correspondence and providing support on project information concerning costs and programme.
* Assisting in the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
* Numerous development engineering projects for mixed-use, retail, commercial and residential developments
* Master planning advice on infrastructure deficiencies, upgrades etc. for developers on key strategic development schemes
* Public Sector Infrastructure Schemes including Detailed Design of Cycle, Pedestrian and Bus improvements.
* Experience in overseeing the development and delivery of detail designs including design drawings (including 3D designs where applicable) for development projects.
* An excellent all-round knowledge of all aspects of development infrastructure developments from strategic appraisal through to construction.
* A good knowledge of industry standard software models including Microdrainage, Infodrainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D.
* Experience of working in a multidisciplinary design team, and have excellent communication skills with architects, clients, and planning consultants.
* Road and Pavement design experience including working knowledge of the relevant DMURS and TII guidelines new roads cycle tracks and footpath designs
* Flood Risk Assessments including Section 50 applications
* Microdrainage and/or Infodrainage software and sustainable Urban Drainage Systems
* Experience with client facing activities
* Level 8 BSc (hons) or BEng (hons) Civil Engineering or equivalent.
* Chartered or in the process of obtaining chartership.
* Relevant work experience including experience in the delivery and management of projects from design delivery to financial management.
* Familiar with and Adherence to Engineers Ireland’s Code of Ethics.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Transportation
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** Europe & India
**Career Area:** Engineering
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions