• Do the various Public Health, Plumbing and Fire protection Engineering tasks through a combination of draughting and engineering (include sizing domestic water and drainage piping requirements, reviewing different plumbing design approaches, sizing equipment and tanks, and sizing water heating systems, fire protection systems).
• Coordinating of the engineering work between other members of the Building Services and Architectural teams
• Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer and is accountable for specific discipline designer activities assigned to them.
Public Health Engineer (Mechanical)
• Must be a Mechanical Engineer with a recognized degree from a nationally accredited engineering program
• 8-10 Minimum years of experience working within an International Design Firm, with a focus on Building Services Design.
• Proven PHE Design experience
• Ideally experienced with HX2 IES or Hevacomp
• Ideally, MASHRAE or MCIBSE certified
• Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and proper draughting methods and techniques.
• Understanding of standard industry software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of computer programs and web-based applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Logical and analytical thinking
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
**Employment Type:** Full-Time
**Job Type:** Regular
**Job Category:** Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!