• Do the various Public Health, Plumbing and Fire protection Engineering tasks through a combination of draughting and engineering (include sizing domestic water and drainage piping requirements, reviewing different plumbing design approaches, sizing equipment and tanks, and sizing water heating systems, fire protection systems).
• Coordinating of the engineering work between other members of the Building Services and Architectural teams
• Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer and is accountable for specific discipline designer activities assigned to them.
Senior Public Health Engineer
• Over 10 years of experience working within an International Design Firm, with a focus on Plumbing and Fire Protection Design. Minimum of five (5) within the Middle East region, preferably the UAE.
• A discipline specific design team leader with a demonstrable career progression with a Plumbing and Fire Protection bias in the field of Building Services Engineering.
• Excellent communicator, both oral and written, who can concisely and with sufficient detail direct supporting engineering staff.
• Demonstrates an understanding of budgeting and supporting requirements for project / bids.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise directly with Clients, Statutory Authorities, and other 3rd parties as required.
• Demonstrates ownership qualities, for the team quality, and the timely delivery of projects.
• Demonstrates ability to master being a discipline specific Senior Design Engineer as defined by Stantec procedures.
• Demonstrates sound understanding of other related building design disciplines.
• Experience with all type of projects including healthcare, hospitality, commercial, residential and refurbishment projects.
• Keeping all project related documentation in compliance with Stantec systems, processes, and procedures.
• Anticipates challenges and project risks and recommends necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relates these internally to Commercial Team and, externally, to Client/Client Representatives.
• LEED, PMP, or similar building certification is preferred, but not essential.
• Working knowledge of hydraulic calculation software and MS Office is required.
• Demonstrated Proficiency with International Building Codes and Healthcare Standards,
• Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing in CSI Master Format.
• Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process. Familiarity with permitting and Authority requirements.
Interfaces & Communications
• Role resides within the Built Environment Design Division
• Reports to Head of Discipline for internal matters
• Reports to Project Director/Manager for project related matters
• Primary points of Contact include Design Division, Corporate Support, and Business Controls:
• Principal Engineer/Architect/Interior Designer/Landscape (project updates & advise)
• Other Engineers/Architects/Interior Designers/Landscape (project work coordination)
• Clients, Consultants, Statutory and Municipal Authorities, Contractors, and other 3rd parties.
• BIM/REVIT/AutoCAD Operators (Coordinate, Communicate, and Feedback on drawing preparations)
• BIM Manager (for technical ability and platform learning)
• Project / Bid Managers (For inputting on future project
**Employment Type:** Full-Time
**Job Type:** Regular
**Job Category:** Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!