Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Join a Top 10 global integrated design firm in our Texas Buildings practice that provides Architecture, Buildings Engineering, and Interior Design services with a long history and deep commitment to the education sector. Our Houston office is seeking a Project Architect to join our Buildings practice. The successful candidate will be developing elevations, sections, 3D renderings and architectural details for projects. You will be assisting on innovative and creative new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals.
**Your Key Responsibilities**
* Assists in the planning, organization, and directing of the work throughout the life cycle of the project.
* Engages in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
* Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
* Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
* Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
* Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections and details.
* Participates in bidding and negotiation phase and prepare addenda.
* Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports and other contract administration tasks.
* Leads project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner, contractor, and sub-contractors.
* Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
* Assists in the preparation of the project specifications. Coordination of specs with construction documents.
* Participates in constructability review.
* Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
* Prepares and ensures that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning.
**Your Capabilities and Credentials**
* Requisite knowledge and application of accessibility codes, applicable building codes.
* Detailed understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
* General knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
* Ability to conduct space planning, block planning and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
* Ability to develop floor plans, wall sections, and details.
* Demonstrates attention to detail, ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness, and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
* Participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
* Engage in creative and critical thought.
* Hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
* Interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
* Communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
* Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira and Bluebeam.
**Education and Experience**
* Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field in support of licensure is required.
* Registered Architect in Texas preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience required.
* Architectural experience in education is preferred.
* LEED Green Associate or LEED AP is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
_This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice._
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
**Please include a copy of your portfolio along with your resume for consideration.**
Ranked the #1 architecture and engineering firm by Building Design Construction for the last decade, Stantec is recognized as an industry leader by Architecture Record, ENR, Interior Design magazine, and more. We offer employee groups that provide support and opportunity for our diverse workforce to grow and develop. Our efforts were recognized when Forbes magazine named us one of America's Best Employers for Women.
**Benefits Summary:** Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
_The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements._
**Primary Location** : United States-Texas-Houston
**Work Locations** :
Houston Louisiana St TX
**Organization** : BC-2140 Buildings-US Texas
**Employee Status** : Regular
**Job Level** : Individual Contributor
**Travel** : No
**Schedule** : Full-time
**Job Posting** : Nov 13, 2023, 11:39:13 AM
**Req ID:** 230004DF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans