An employee-owned, innovative organisation located in West London has an opportunity for a Technical Architect/Architectural Technologist.
The Spaces Team, within 3BM Limited has a proven track record for delivering high-quality, bespoke Architectural services to clients in the private and public sector.
This a full-time position, for an outstanding CIAT Qualified Architectural Technologist or ARB Registered Architect with strong technical design skills, for individuals with a minimum of 5 years’ experience post qualification.
· RIBA Part III / ARB / CIAT accreditation with experience working in a design-focused London studio
· Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
· Excellent REVIT and AutoCAD proficiency
· Experience delivering software designs for multi-tiered modern software applications.
· First-hand experience of working to BIM Level 2 Compliance
· Production of complete Technical Design packages suitable for tender issue, construction issue
· Exemplary detailing and overall technical design skills
· Extensive knowledge of the current building regulations and appropriate British Standards
· Previous experience in a BIM Management / Coordination role would be advantageous
· Experience in writing NBS Specifications (using NBS Building Software)
· Strong design presentation skills in both 2D/3D
· Confident communicator and comfortable in client liaison and networking situations
· An imaginative and innovative thinker and problem solver
· A capable project leader with strong organizational skills
· Be accepting of critique and willing to challenge others
· Experience in design coordination and a keen eye for detail
· Ambitious with a strong desire to develop both the team and as an individual
· A keen interest in sustainable design techniques and knowledge of BREEAM and The London Plan
· A strong desire to learn about new technologies and approaches.
· Able to communicate technical design simply and clearly in conversation, documentation, and presentations
· Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery
· Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community
· Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people
· Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate
· Has participated in technology communities
This position is currently home based, with a view to altering to 1-2 days per week in the office in 2021.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to create lasting relationships with our clients by delivering an innovative and dedicated service in-line with our values.
Our values are fundamental to our organisation and what makes us an organisation with a shared ethos and culture. We expect everyone to display our values in their day to day working life, by being Respectful to the people we work with and for and to the environments where we work, by being Accountable as co-owners and empowered for what we do, to work in Partnership with pride and integrity, to be Innovative and provide creative solutions to our customers and deliver a personalised service of excellence and to be focused on Development to be the best we can.