Stantec is a leader in global infrastructure, water resource development, Buildings, Mining, Oil and Gas providing engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, water, wastewater, energy and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific region. Stantec is looking for Instrumentation & Controls designer with following capabilities and experience to be based in the Pune, India office.
The Instrumentation & control designer role conducts and supports the delivery of complete I&C basic and detailed design drawings and documentation associated with the Water and Wastewater treatment projects.
The role will support Stantec project technical leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations.
• Demonstrated experience in understanding of P&ID diagrams, Instrumentation controls, ISA tags, symbols, electrical schematics, Instrument list, I/O Lists plus the ability to perform markups.
• Drafting of Process and Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s)
• Generate field instruments and PLC I/O lists from P&IDs
• Prepare Cable schedule and cable route diagrams and conduit development
• Prepare Instrument location plans and instrument installation details
• Drafting of Control System Architecture / Network diagrams
• Design and drafting of Control Panel, Server cabinet, Elevation drawings and GA.
• Prepare loop drawings, wiring diagrams, Interconnection, and control schematics diagrams
• Prepare hookups and standard details diagrams/drawings
• Design and drafting of Electrical equipment layout and plans
• Update Project website for latest P&ID’s database information
• Coordination with Electrical/ Civil / Mech / Process and other disciplines
• Communicate with global internal clients for input information and project status
• Positive team and client-focused attitude directed towards delivering quality work on time
• Able to work well with others in a fast-changing environment
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor / management
Instrumentation & Control Designer(Water)
• Diploma in Instrumentation & control or equivalent from a recognized university and institute with 6-12 years of experience in Water industry preferred, or equivalent plant design industry experience such as Power, Building and Oil & Gas, etc
• Must have expertise working on AutoCAD
• Experience working in remote / virtual environment on softwares like Bentley MicroStation, Open Plant P&ID, Autodesk P&ID (Plant 3D), AutoCAD Electrical, Revit MEP, BIM360 etc. will be an added advantage.
• Strong Knowledge in AutoCAD Electrical, Library symbols and standard drawing creation
• Knowledge of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical layouts to prepare 2D ICA layout for cable routs
• Knowledge of field instrumentation, DCS/PLC systems and applications is required.
• Knowledge of basic networking (Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Modbus, RS-485, etc)
• Knowledge of International standards like ISA, BS, IEC, NEC, UL, NEMA & etc
• Good verbal/written English communication skills, Presentation Skills, Learning Attitude, good grasping power and also should be a good team member.
**Employment Type:** Full-Time
**Job Type:** Regular
**Job Category:** Drafting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions