We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development and Marketing Co-ordinator to support our bids, business development and marketing activities within the practice, co-ordinating our bid submissions and implementing marketing, business development and PR initiatives. The role will be split roughly 50:50 between bids and business development activities, and marketing.
The role will involve working closely with our senior management team and building strong relationships internally and externally, co-ordinating high-quality bid proposal and tender submissions, assisting in the delivery of our marketing plan, managing events, managing our PR, e-communications, social media, internal and external communications and general marketing functions.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with our marketing and bid team including other co-ordinators and our Bid Writer
- Manage and co-ordinate our bid and tender processes and submissions
- Reviewing bid opportunities
- Lead on the implementation of a wide range of Marketing & Business Development activities within the practice including PR, awards, photography briefs, presentations, and other marketing collateral
- Deliver specific external marketing campaigns
- Liaise with our external membership networks
- Producing project marketing communications material
- Event management
- Administrative tasks relating to our business development and marketing functions
- Co-ordinate BPTW’s content calendar and draft and upload content for web, e-marketing and social media communication
- Work with the BD and Marketing team and partners on new business development opportunities and assist with the development of these
Experience working within the built environment will be a distinct advantage, as will experience of working on bid and tender processes.
We will also welcome applications from those with experience in the architecture and construction industry looking to change career path.
You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self-motivated, highly organised and able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. We are looking for someone with the ability to think creatively and who can demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of our clients, helping to deliver a competitive advantage for BPTW in our bid and marketing work.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative aptitude
- A motivated self-starter and problem solver
- Works well within a team environment
- Works to strict deadlines and can coordinate a multitude of tasks effectively
- Comfortable building relationships at partner level and with senior members of staff
Essential /desired skills
- Experience co-ordinating bid and tender submissions
- Experience delivering marketing campaigns
- Experience in the built-environment industry
- Educated to degree level in English, marketing, communications, business, or similar field
- Experience with e-communications and social media
- Experience co-ordinating client relations and business development programmes
- Experience of event co-ordination
- Ability to critically assess and appraise the work of others
- A visual eye with the ability to interrogate and appreciate architectural images would be beneficial
BPTW is an award-winning architectural practice specialising in residential-led and mixed-use development. We are a lively and sociable practice of 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
With specialisms in Architecture, Planning, Urban Design and BIM services, we are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top Architectural employers in the UK by BD and Building Magazine over multiple years. We were recently named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021, and ‘Business of the Year’ by our local council RB Greenwich.
Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative; passionate; nurturing; creative; respectful; and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
Due to the nature of the role, this is an office-based role. However, after an initial probationary period we offer a flexible working policy with 3 days minimum in the office.
Salary - £29K -£33k depending on experience, plus a range of excellent benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Simply Health scheme
- Insurance cover (Life Assurance; Critical Illness; Income protection)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- Contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our recently built new offices overlooking Deptford Creek and offer a competitive salary and benefits package with flexible working hours and arrangements.
The role will be based at our London studio based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a 10-minute commute to Central London.
SE10 9QX, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions