**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**AECOM is seeking an Electrical Engineer based in San Francisco or Oakland, California.**
This position is expected to begin immediately.
• Electrical engineering from conceptual design through construction administration and post-occupancy
• Coordinating with multiple disciplines and acting as an electrical engineer and to ensure that projects are delivered within budget and on schedule
• Review and approve shop drawings and attend client meetings during the construction administration phase
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
• Works cooperatively with the Managing Principal or MEP Practice Leader in evaluating staffing needs
• Works cooperatively with managers and other employees to achieve the company's mission
• Ensures discipline plans that are created meet overall project team requirements for project scope and schedule
• Stays current on codes and technologies appropriate to the electrical and fire alarm disciplines
• Ensures conformance with standards, established design practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction
• Researches, develops, designs, specifies, and witnesses the testing of electrical systems, equipment, components, and materials, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering
• Organizes and conducts site visits for the purpose of data collection and evaluation of electrical systems, equipment, components, and materials for projects with and without well-defined scopes
• Develops designs within a BIM design environment
• Develops, designs, and specifies site electrical power, and equipment, components, and materials
• Develops, designs, and specifies equipment, components, and materials for all building electrical systems
• Directs activities to verify installed electrical systems, equipment, components, and materials conform to the requirements of project contract documents
• Completes assigned engineering and design tasks in accordance with client specified criteria and applicable codes and standards
• Review junior team member's work for quality and recognition of training requirements
• Lead junior engineers in engineering design development and professional growth
**Minimum Requirements :**
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
**• ** Valid driver’s license
**Preferred Qualifications :**
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 4+ years of electrical engineering experience within a consulting or design-build firm
• Professional Engineering (Electrical) license preferred
• Experience with Revit and AutoCAD based design projects
• Competent in all conventional aspects of electrical engineering and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard electrical engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Experience in the following markets: Federal Civilian & Local Government, Federal DoD, Healthcare and Labs, Corporate Commercial / Mixed Use, Mission Critical Facilities
• Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive, and confident
• Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
• Experience with sustainable design
• Documented experience with advanced design, and aesthetically challenging design with high profile architecture firms
• Analyze equipment energy use for optimizing systems selection
We are interested in every qualified candidate eligible to work in the United States. Permanent residency sponsorship is available for current H1-B visa holders in the United States.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions