We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities.
We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**AECOM is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Federal to be based in Orange, CA**
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
• Team and project discipline leadership
• Team member development
• Participation in development of proposal response
• Development of system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop concepts)
• CAD/BIM design
• Project mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems design inter-disciplinary coordination lead, for coordination with other trades and consultants
• Review / Edit specifications
• Review team member work for quality and recognition of training requirements
• Interact and work with a diverse set of clients and subcontractors
• Ownership of team metrics (utilization, finances, performance reviews)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
• Licensed Professional Engineer Licensed – Mechanical
• Excellent project planning, project management, organizational and time management skills
• Extensive understanding of HVAC engineering fundamentals including load calculations, conceptual systems analysis through construction documentation design, design and layout of equipment, duct, and pipe sizing
• Documented experience with advanced design, and technically challenging design with high profile technology firms working to fast paced schedules
• Plumbing and Fire Protection systems design experience is a plus
• Experience with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC)
• Visit client sites for accurate existing conditions gathering
• Interact and work with a diverse set of clients and subcontractors
• Experience with AutoCAD/Revit (Revit is preferred)
• Experience with Design Build and other Alternative Delivery practices
• Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive, and confident
• Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
• Thrive as a leader in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
• Enjoy developing innovative solutions to challenging opportunities
• Have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect, and responsibility
• Ability to analyze and provide solutions to complex challenges
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
• Analyze equipment energy use for optimizing systems selection (EnergyPro, eQuest, IES)
• LEED AP• Instrumentation and controls design/engineering experience
• Ability to concisely express complex system solutions in very early design phases in order to share intent either internally for further development, or externally to assist design partners
• Experience in the following markets:• Federal / DoD• Corporate Commercial / Mixed Use• Data Centers / Mission Critical• Healthcare• Higher Education• Themed Entertainment
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions