We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**AECOM’s** design consulting studio operates at the intersection of Business Transformation, Communications Dynamics and Place Strategies and is looking for highly motivated applicants who possess outstanding graphic representation, analytical, communication and design skills.
We are searching for a **Consultant III, Strategy+** candidate for our Chicago, Grand Rapids or Detroit offices. The successful candidate will join our multidisciplinary team of talented Strategists and be responsible for supporting our state-of-the-art consulting projects which encompass world class corporations, healthcare, cultural institutions, higher education, and local and federal government.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Working as a collaborative team leader, this individual will be responsible for excellence in leading, managing and delivering projects, including client interaction, communication, planning, research, data analytics, visualization, workshop facilitation, presentation preparation and report writing, coordinating one or more project teams, undertaking business development with oversight from a Project Manager and Principal in Charge. Our clients are located through the Americas and this individual may be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
**Desirable Knowledge and Expertise**
Candidates will be expected to possess deep expertise in one or more of the following:
• Demonstrate effective project management expertise through project team accountability and defined, actionable project process and work plans
• Translating complex issues and solutions into graphically compelling client-facing documents
• Business strategy, data analytics and operations planning
• Communication strategy branding and marketing
• Develop and implement equitable impact strategies with clients focused on achieving environmental, social, and governance (ESG) missions and targets
• Workplace strategy, planning and design
• Creating and delivering change management strategies and organizational development plans
• Expertise in user research, design strategy, and space programming
• Design background in architecture, planning, interiors, product or web design
**Technical Skills Range**
Candidates will be expected to possess skills in one or more of the following:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, additional data analysis tools beneficial (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc)
• Web based data analytics, visualization and presentation software
• Project management, project work planning, scheduling and resource deployment
• Business development, market planning and client relationships
• Space programming, user research, design strategy and conceptual design
• Revit or other space planning / design CAD systems
**Culture and Personality**
Candidates will be expected to possess as many of these attributes as possible:
• Highly collaborative, highly communicative, creative team leader
• Excellent presentation and communication skills – “Design Story Telling”
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, open, creative environment
• Ability to lead development of and facilitate workshops, focus groups and presentations
• Critical thinking and persuasive writing skills
• Familiarity with research methodologies and processes
• High degree of flexibility and the ability to lead multiple projects in multiple teams, across multiple markets
• BA/BS + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
• BA/BS + 5 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
.• Project Management, Data and Graphic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions