We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities.
We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**AECOM is seeking a Project Architect based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.** We’re looking for a leader of design & technical excellence. One who is driven by a passion for delivering quality work, mentoring staff, and leading multi-disciplinary teams. While the opportunity encompasses a variety project and client types, this role can immediately benefit our Healthcare Practice. Other projects include transportation, retail and industrial.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
As a Project Architect with recognized technical expertise and experience in demanding, design driven projects, you will lead interdisciplinary teams. Leveraging your industry experience and technical acumen, you will drive a wide range of project types and sizes through all phases of design, documentation, and construction.
What you will do:
• In partnership with the Project Manager, you will lead a team, or multiple teams in the technical documentation and delivery of a wide range of projects
• Prepare design and contract drawings using advanced design software tools
• Prepare alternative design solutions, contract documents and specifications
• Develop solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems
• Oversee the work of more junior designers and architects
• Along with the Project Manager you will help manage client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
• Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture plus a minimum of six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Licensed Architect
t• Valid driver’s license
• Professional Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (BArch) or Bachelor of Science in Architecture + Master’s degree in Architecture with 5+ years of relevant experience in design and resolving technical issues
• Experience in Healthcare
• Experience with Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, InDesign, and software such as Rhino, SketchUp, Enscape or other visualization tools.
• Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
• Affinity with developing details and experience in construction documents
• Ability to lead integrated design teams of varying sizes to accomplish project delivery from concept through construction document completion and may perform construction administration
• Fluency in English is mandatory, another language is an asset
• Ability to be client facing and lead client discussions and charrettes
• NCARB Certified
• Strategic and critical thinking
Sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation is available for this position.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions