We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
The Buildings and Places group of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Planner IV for immediate employment in the Virginia Beach, VA office. The Planner IV will lead or serve on multi-disciplinary planning projects for mainly military installations and federal agencies. As part of the project team, the planner develops creative and innovative solutions to address the Federal Government’s issues.
**The Planner IV will:**
- Be responsible for all data collection and analysis, workshop preparation, meeting facilitation, concept development, report writing and layout, graphics development, etc.
- Coordinate project resources and staffing and task management
- Assist with managing client’s communications, expectations and requests
- Communicate effectively with project team and provide clear guidance
- Ensure quality of reports and documents developed meets guidelines
- Mentor staff to assist in their professional growth
- Contribute to client relationships and business development efforts
- Introduce innovative ideas or processes to streamline project efforts
- Leads, develops, and directs growth of studio team
Additional functions may include:
• Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
• Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed planning products.
• Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty, a type of facility, industry, equipment or program function.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws.
• Oversees specialized planning functions, such as large-scale new development proposals and environmental studies.
• Provides overall management of IE-related planning issues.
• Advises the Planning Director on all planning-related matters.
• Advises various councils, boards, commissions and elected officials in planning related issues
• Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities.
• Prepares reports on operations and activities, recommending improvements and modifications.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**Minimum Requirements :**
+ Bachelor’s degree in related field
+ 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
**Preferred Qualifications :**
• Proficiency with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Adobe Software is a plus
• Knowledge of military planning or military experience a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** East
Join the world's largest and most influential community forum of professionals, students, and employers from the Architecture Industry for free.
Engage in open conversation, get advice, participate in events and connect with like-minded individuals within the architecture profession.
Login + Registration Pages
Policies, Terms + Conditions