“Who in their right mind would let Stephen Drew host a few events? I can’t wait to see this car crash!” Wise words from a good friend.
The cat is OUT OF THE BAG! The lovely people who run the London Build Expo have invited the Architecture Social to host two networking events and three panels of the new Architecture Stage on November the 16th and 17th in Olympia Court, London.
At first, I may have thought they got the wrong person – although I am honoured all the same! Once the shock had subsided, I was tasked with picking the topics for the three discussions as well as what we will be doing in the networking events so that they are not boring.
“I don’t think Steve has ever hosted an event before?!” Ex-colleague who knows me too well.
So without further ado, I present the Architecture Social’s super duper Architecture Itinerary for London Build Expo 2022:
Monday 16th November 2022
09:30 – 10:30 – Mill about the event for a bit
10:30 – 11:20 – Join us to discuss “Jeff, Do We Still Have the Portable Ramp Somewhere in Storage?!” on the Architect’s Stage
“You better make sure the event is accessible if you’re going to give it the bigun!” said one of my lovely colleague. Well, it is. Cheers!
Hosted by: Yours Truly!
Guest Speakers include:
- Ben Williamson, Director
- Oliver Lowrie, Director at
11:30 – 13:30 – Do the laps around the new Architecture Hub and get a spot of lunch
13:30 – 14:20 – Join us to discuss Help! My New Apartment Feels Like an Oven! on the Architect’s Stage
“What is there to talk about? Wear less clothes!” My dad’s pearls of architectural wisdom…
How Can Architecture Adapt to Climate Change?
Stephen Drew, Founder of the Architecture Social
- Kartikeya Rajput, Associate – PRP
- Gwilym Still (he/him), Passivhaus Consultant, Principal Engineer, Partner – Max Fordham
- Tamara Khan, Project Manager – London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Richard Collings, Vice President – SB Architects
15:30 – 16:30 – The “Surely this doesn’t count as an Awards Ceremony?!” Award Ceremony in the new Architect’s Hub (oooo!)
“There is no chance this is going to work. I can’t wait!” Quote from A friend who actually works in Events Coordination.
Turn up to our awards ceremony and become part of the Judging Jury and automatically up for an award in our interactive and destined to be an absolute disaster awards ceremony.
Who knows, you might just win? Prizes will vary from a pat on the back to the prestigious “I won something!” award trophy. Hooraaay!
16:30 til End of the Day – Last lap and then hit the bar!
Tuesday 17th November 2022
09:30 til 13:30 – Use your imagination!
13:30 – 14:20 – Join our talk “Take Me to the Matrix!” on the Architecture Stage!
“Oh jeezzzz, not another Metaverse talk” Quote from My Jaded Architecture Friend.
What Is the Role of an Architect in the Metaverse?
- Luca Arrigo, Co-Founder of Metaverse Architects
- Nathalie Rozencwajg, Director – NAME Architecture
- Mattia Santi, Director – SASI Studio
- Juliana Vargas – Gensler
15:00 – 16:30 – Join us for a beer in the bar!
Psst… Fancy a cheeky beer? Tell your boss it’s an important networking event, dust of those business cards and come grab a cheeky beer as the Architecture Social will be hosting a networking session at the London Build Expo’s Bar.
“Jeez, after that line up I’ll definitely need a beer” My partner who I am wroping into following me around with a camera!
16:30 til late – No idea, probably some tipsy shenanigans!
More information about London Build Expo:
London Build offers a totally unique experience over the two days, featuring:
- 35,000+ registered visitors from contractors, architects, civil engineers, developers, local councils, house builders/associations and construction professionals
- 500+ inspiring speakers across 8 conference stages including Future of Construction, BIM & Digital, Fire Safety, Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion and more
- 200+ hours of CPD training and education
- The UK’s biggest Festival of Construction with DJs, musicians, live performances, celebrity guests, entertainment and competitions
- Meet the Buyers with Procurement Teams exhibiting from Balfour Beatty, Skanska, Mace Dragados, BAM UK, Costain, SMP Alliance and more
- Architect’s Hub with project displays and 3D models of upcoming projects from leading architects across the UK
- The latest insights and updates on major upcoming construction projects and opportunities across the UK
- Exclusive networking events co-hosted with Urbano Build, London Constructing Excellence Club, Forum for the Built Environment, The CIOB, Building People, Let’s Build, Building Equality and many more
- The UK’s largest networking events for Women in Construction and Diversity in Construction
- An inclusive Ambassador Programme supporting Women in Construction, Diversity in Construction and Mental Health in Construction
- 350+ exhibitors showcasing the latest services, products and innovations transforming the industry